Hi, I'm Paul Scully, your local Member in the NSW State Parliament.
I'm the third generation of my family to call Wollongong home.
I went to Mount Kembla Public School and Figtree High School before graduating from the University of Wollongong.
I was elected as the Member for Wollongong in a by-election in 2016, and was honoured to have been re-elected in 2019 with an increased majority.
As your local State MP, I've been able to help save the free Gong Shuttle; secure additional carriages for overcrowded afternoon train services to Wollongong; forced the Government to commit to fund lifts at Unanderra Station; and helped secure funding for local community organisations.
But I know that there's a lot more work to do to make sure that Wollongong gets its fair share.
I've got a strong vision for Wollongong, and over the next four years I will:
- Fight to protect existing and create new jobs in Wollongong;
- Work to improve our local health and hospital system;
- Stand up for more investment in our roads, rail and public transport;
- Fight for increased funding for our local schools and TAFE; and
- Protect the local environment.
As your local member, I will stand up in Parliament for the interests of Wollongong, and fight to make sure that we get our fair share from the NSW Government.